Translate

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Day?????

Hello readers.  I hope you are all well.  It's been awhile since I have posted anything.  Let's sum up everything that has happened in the last couple of weeks.  I have not run at all.  I'm dealing with a heel injury that has slowed me right down.  I was having trouble walking for a few days but it seems to be on the mend.  I'm going to try and go for a run tomorrow.  Nothing to extreme just a 3k run to get back into it.  Another reason why I have stopped running for 2 weeks is that I spent 5 days in the tropical Island of Vanuatu.  If you have never been to Vanuatu then you must go!  It was the most beautiful spot I have ever been to.  Pristine beaches and the most lovely clean green coloured oceans I have ever seen.  Go, stop what you are doing and go to Vanuatu right now.

When I arrived back from my trip I had every intention of going running.  I had put on 2 kilos on my trip and knew that I had to come back and work hard to lose those 2 kilos.  Well I didn't have to work very hard because I either got the stomach flu or food poisoning (or my wife is secretly poisoning me) that knocked me out flat(I also lost the 2 kilos that I had put on).  So flat that I fell asleep on my bathroom floor curled up in the fetal position.  I'm finally starting to feel better and can't wait to hit the trails tomorrow.

How does this effect my goal?  I'm not sure at this moment.  I'm 3 weeks or so behind where I need to be today.  It all depends how my run tomorrow goes.  If my heel does not bother me then giddy up I'm back.  I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment