Translate

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Day 51, Brisbane to Sydney Opera House (virtual run)

I went for a run this morning.....for the first time in 26 days.  The 26 days have seen some truly great and wonderous events (a trip of a life time to Vanautu) and some very bad days (foot and knee injuries,  Stomach flu and a headache that lasted for 5 days).  I think I have finally turned that corner and completed a 3k run at 5:30 this morning. 

Waking up at that hour was quite easy.  Sure, I didn't have a spring in my step(at first) but I was excited to run.  I took my time and didn't push myself in speed or distance.  I'll bring my fitness level back up and start some longer runs later this week.  My biggest fear is the foot injury.  I'm currently suffering from heel spurs (really its my own fault for training for a half marathon in my late 30's.  I should have done this in my 20's) and I don't want to go through that pain again.  I am going to set my alarm for 5:15 am again tomorrow and test my foot.  If it feels ok I'm going to do another 3k run.  If it still feels a little tender I'll give it another day. 

I've also decided (because of health and injury problems) to extend my virtual run till Dec 31st of next year.  I'm hoping that I don't need to extend it that many days but I'm really behind and I don't know if I will catch up.

Also my iPhone arm band has gone missing!  I blame my cat. 



Day 51
Distance: 3k
Total kilometres: 42.22k
Kilometres left: 968 (601 miles)
Weight: 91.4kg (201lbs)
Calories burned: 287
Total Calories burned: 3971


If you have anything to add please leave a comment or email me at Slowmanrunning73@gmail.com

I created a group on the miCoach website for all the slowrunners out there. If you are interested in joining the group please sign up on the miCoach site and download the free miCoach app for your smart phone. Here is the link:

http://community-micoach.adidas.com/groups/slowrunning


No comments:

Post a Comment