Translate

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Brisbane to Sydney Opera House (virtual run)

Today is a holiday in Brisbane.  It's Ekka day.  Ekka day is a day....I actually don't know what Ekka day is or how its come about.  The kids get a day off school.....I think they go somewhere.....oh I don't know what happens.  I woke up early and drove to the city (I dropped Mrs Slowrunning off at work...she had to work while I had the day off) and parked along the river.  I had planned on doing a 10k run.  The Bridge to Brisbane is 3 weeks away and I have promised myself that I'm going to run the whole way.  I've done the 10ks B2B twice now and there is a hill at the end that beats me each time.....but it wont beat me this year. 

I had planned on turning around once I hit the 5k mark and complete the 10ks.....but when I got to about 4ks I was feeling pretty good and decided to do 12ks.  It was a great feeling.  In the past I've gotten tired and decided to end a run earlier.  It's a nice feeling to extend a run.  By the time I got to about the 8k run I was getting pretty tired and couldn't believe that I had another 4ks to finish.  I can proudly say that I ran the whole 12ks.  This is the longest I have ever run without stopping.  Last year I ran 15ks but there was some walking involved.  In total I ran for one hour and sixteen minutes and burned 1024 calories.  It was a good day.

Earlier in the week I ran 7ks.  It was a great run (despite the rising heat.....I thought this was winter!) as I ran I was streaming the Toronto Blue Jays game on my iPhone.  So, here I am in Brisbane Australia running along the Brisbane river listening to a baseball game from home.  How cool is that!

Stats:
Distance: 19.19ks (12 miles)
Total kilometres: 598.19 ks (371.7 miles)
Kilometres left: 401.81 ks (249.7 miles)
Weight: 87.6 kg (193lbs)
Calories burned: 1,673

Total Calories burned: 55,544
If you have anything to add please leave a comment or email me at Slowmanrunning73@gmail.com

visit www.cabralphotography.com

I created a group on the miCoach website for all the slowrunners out there. If you are interested in joining the group please sign up on the miCoach site and download the free miCoach app for your smart phone. Here is the link: http://community-micoach.adidas.com/groups/slowrunning


No comments:

Post a Comment