Translate

Saturday, April 21, 2012

2012 Rotary Charity Fun Run in Mt. Gravatt

"Hey Kelly is it a flat course?"

"I'm not sure."

What a silly question to ask.  It's a fun run in Mt. Gravatt.  It wasn't a flat course.  On Sunday April 15th 2012 some co-workers and I ran the 7K 2012 Rotary Charity Fun Run in Mt. Gravatt.  It was a wet rainy day but it only drizzled and it made for perfect running conditions.  Not knowing what kind of course to expect I lined up at the start line and off I went.  The race course followed a bush path at Griffith University Nathan Campus. Right off the bat we ran up a hill.....then down a hill....then up and then down......etc etc.  Last year I ran the 10K Bridge to Brisbane but I found this 7K run much tougher.  I don't do much training on hills.  My regular training is very flat.  I decided that after this run I have to start hitting some hills.

Here are my times:

1K  6:26
2K  7:12
3K  7:31
4K  8:12
5K  8:20
6K  7:20
7K  7:28

A special shout out to the girl (I never got her name) who challenged me to a sprint with a 100 m left to go.  I hated you at the time but now I would like to say thanks.




4 comments:

  1. Keep it up Pete, those sprints are a killer! What I find helps with distance running, is hill intervals. I pick a day, and a hill and keep running up and down. You feel a little silly, but it helps..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks JVN. I didn't know you were running as well. That is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never knew......that's great. See what happens when you don't have facebook? lol

    ReplyDelete