Translate

Thursday, April 26, 2012

I don't wanna!

I woke up this morning and the first thing I thought was that I get to sleep in today.  A smile spread across my face.  Then I remembered......it's a running day.  No I wont run today.....I'm too tired.  It's cold outside.  It's raining.  Yes I will stay in bed.

But it's a running day.  So I will run today.  Yes I am tired but not so tired that I can't run.  It's cold outside?  Aren't you Canadian?  You don't feel the cold.  It's not raining.....it's a mist.  Perfect running day.

So I slowly got up and began to mentally prepare myself.  It got much easier when I changed my mind set from I will run to I must run.  It got easy after that.

I once read that it takes between 7 - 10 minutes after you have a cup of coffee to start feeling the effects.  So that is what I did.  I made myself a cup of coffee and slowly put on my running gear.  By the time I was out the door and stretching my legs felt strong.  I knew I was going to have a good run today.  It really is amazing that after such a slow morning that I could feel so great before the run.

I increased my 30 minute distance again.  Last run was 4.65 and today was 4.81K.  Today was also the best 30 minute run this year.  My next run is a long one.  45 minutes.  I'll have to take a different approach for that one.

Here are my times.

1K 6:06
2K 5:52 (new 1K record)
3K 6:50
4K 6:33
.81K 5:59

Calories burned 490

Music tracks

Back in your head - Tegan and Sarah
C'mere - Interpol
City of blinding lights - U2
Flippers - Art vs Science
Charmless man - Blur
Sunday morning - No doubt
Superfly - Curtis Mayfield
We walk - The Ting Tings

No comments:

Post a Comment