Translate

Friday, July 26, 2013

Brisbane to Sydney Opera House (virtual run)

Well.....I'm back.  I spent 4 days in Sydney and I loved every second of it (except for the part where I went to Bondi Beach and walked to North Bondi while Manchester United showed up and trained at South Bondi!) and I am currently trying to convince my wife that we need to move to Sydney.  I'll let you know how that goes.

My hotel was 1.5ks from the Sydney Opera House.  I managed to get 3 runs to the Opera House.  My first run to the Opera House was fantastic.  Its such an iconic building that actually running up the Opera House steps surreal.  I did have a Rocky moment when I finally got to the top steps and looked back over Sydney Harbour.....but I promise I didn't do the Rocky dance....nor was the Rocky theme song playing in my head.  In fact my playlist was perfect.  I picked nothing but U2 songs (no hits just deep cuts) and my run up the steps was done to Ultraviolet (light my way).

The run across the Harbour Bridge was equally surreal.  I got a little bit lost at first and spotted a fellow runner who just finished her run.  I asked her if this was the way to run over the Harbour Bridge?  She smiled and said yes it was.  I didn't rush and just took my time.  Over the Bridge and back to my hotel was 4ks.

My last run was the best one.  I ran over the Harbour Bridge and then back to the Hotel where I dropped off my jumper to the front desk (it was 7c when I started my run but it was a bad idea to wear the a jumper....it got way to warm quickly) and then it was off to the Opera House and back for a 6k run. 

It was a run of a life time and if you ever get a chance to run in Sydney do yourself a favour and run to the Opera House.  It will change your life.

Stats:
Distance: 42ks (26.1 miles)
Total kilometres: 533.73ks (331.6 miles)
Kilometres left: 466.27ks (289.7 miles)
Weight: 88.9 kg (195lbs)
Calories burned: 3,759

Total Calories burned: 49,774
If you have anything to add please leave a comment or email me at Slowmanrunning73@gmail.com

visit www.cabralphotography.com

I created a group on the miCoach website for all the slowrunners out there. If you are interested in joining the group please sign up on the miCoach site and download the free miCoach app for your smart phone. Here is the link: http://community-micoach.adidas.com/groups/slowrunning




No comments:

Post a Comment