Translate

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Brisbane to Sydney Opera House (virtual run)

I didn't get a chance to run on the weekend.  My calf muscle was quite sore.  It cramped on me a couple of times on Saturday.  I decided not to risk it and just rested for 2 days.  I think it was a smart move because I've got in some very good runs the last 2 days.  Yesterday I got in a quick dirty 5k and felt pretty good about it.  It's incredible what a stress relief my runs are.  I couldn't imagine not having this in my life.  I started this new job at work and the learning curve is pretty intense.  In fact I woke up at 1 am last night and couldn't fall back asleep for hours. 

Today's run was a personal favourite.  I was so into my run that I didn't want to stop.  When I hit 6ks I just kept going and ran for another 300 meters before I realized I had to pick up Mrs Slowrunning from work.  I felt great.

Off day tomorrow.....back to running on Thursday.

Stats:
Distance: 11.35ks (7.05 miles)
Total kilometres: 491.73ks (305.55 miles)
Kilometres left: 508.27ks (315.8 miles)
Weight: 88.9 kg (195lbs)
Calories burned: 1013

Total Calories burned: 46,015
If you have anything to add please leave a comment or email me at Slowmanrunning73@gmail.com

visit www.cabralphotography.com

I created a group on the miCoach website for all the slowrunners out there. If you are interested in joining the group please sign up on the miCoach site and download the free miCoach app for your smart phone. Here is the link: http://community-micoach.adidas.com/groups/slowrunning

2 comments:

  1. If you are having cramping in your calf muscle or any muscle have a banana. You are getting them since your body is low in potassium. Having foods high in potassium will reduce lactic acid build up so no more cramping. Might I suggest using a program for your dietary needs, My Fitness Pal. That is a great tool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's really funny because I've been eating lots of bananas this week. I do use my fitness pal....which I why I started to eat bananas because I noticed I was low in potassium.

    ReplyDelete