Translate

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Brisbane to Sydney Opera House (virtual run)

The weather has brightened up.  It was a beautifully fantastic 21c tonight.  With not a worry in my head I was off running.  It wasn't my best run but it was ok.  I got 6ks in which I was pretty happy with.  I felt myself getting tired at the end and was pretty happy when it was over.  Mrs. Slowrunning got a swim in which she hasn't been trying to get in for weeks.  If the weather holds up tomorrow then she can get in another swim which means I can get in another 6k run. 

I've been thinking of a way to re-stimulate my weekend runs.  Trying to run 8 to 10ks on the same track that I've been running for years is really boring.  I think its time to explore the neighbourhood.  So this what I'm going to try and do on Sunday.  I just Googled how many ks a soccer player runs in 90 minutes (length of a soccer/football game).  It looks like the average is between 10 and 12ks.  I might go for a 90 minute run but simulate a football game and see how many ks I can do.  An interesting thought.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Stats:

Distance: 6.02ks (3.7 miles)
Total kilometres: 472.28ks (293.5 miles)
Kilometres left: 537.72ks (334.12 miles)
Weight: 88.9 kg (195lbs)
Calories burned: 539

Total Calories burned: 44,248
If you have anything to add please leave a comment or email me at Slowmanrunning73@gmail.com

visit www.cabralphotography.com

I created a group on the miCoach website for all the slowrunners out there. If you are interested in joining the group please sign up on the miCoach site and download the free miCoach app for your smart phone. Here is the link: http://community-micoach.adidas.com/groups/slowrunning

3 comments:

  1. You should change up your training plan, try the football micoach program. 100% recommend this plan it will really change you baseline pace and increase your speed/pace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a speed cell. Do I need that to run that program?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No speed cell is required at all. When you log into micoach select PLAN then under the header select TRAINING PLAN. Next go and select FOOTBALL then you select what level, I highly recommend starting at level 1. Select your workout days and save and sync your phone. Then it will appear on your phone and your off. Any trouble and skype me, pretty much home all weekend.

    ReplyDelete