Translate

Friday, September 14, 2012

another 5ks

I had the intention of doing a 7k run today.  But when I woke up at 8:30 am I kinda figured I missed my 7k running window.  I quickly got dressed in my running gear and was out the door.  While the heat wasn't oppressive as such.....I know the oppressive heat is in the post.  It will be here soon.  By the time I finished the 5ks it was 20c and I'm like a wilting flower in the heat.  The good news is that once again I was able to finish the 5k in under 30 minutes (28:50 to be exact). 

Yesterday I found some writing I had done about my running 2 years ago.  I was 10kg heavier and having trouble running 5ks.  I was reading about how I set a 5k record of 39 minutes.  Now I'm running it in under 29 minutes.  That was a good feeling.

If you have anything to add please leave a comment or email me at Slowmanrunning73@gmail.com

I created a group on the miCoach website for all the slowrunners out there. If you are interested in joining the group please sign up on the miCoach site and download the free miCoach app for your smart phone. Here is the link:

http://community-micoach.adidas.com/groups/slowrunning

 
My fastest k was done in 5:34 and the last lap was done in 5:38.  I'm pretty happy about my run today.  My 15k run is 2 weeks away and I have to extend my running at some point.  I have Thursday and Friday off next week.  I'm playing tennis on Thursday with AP.....so Friday I might have to a 12k run.  Just to get those ks under my belt.
 
Calories: 477
 
Weight 90 (198lbs)
 
Tracks:
 
Cannon ball - The Breeders
I want you back - The Jackson 5
Just what I needed - The Cars
I only want you - The Eagles of Death Metal
Yesterday - The Beatles
Voodoo child - Jimi Hendrix
My body is a cage - The Arcade Fire
Awkward - San Cisco
Hard road - The Sam Roberts Band

No comments:

Post a Comment