Translate

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Living up to my name.

The 15ks are done.  It was a perfect day for running.  I woke up at 6 am and it was a cool overcast day.  Heat was not going to be a problem today.  I got up and watched about 10 minutes of the Manchester United vs. Spurs football game....part of me wanted to stay at home to finish the game......but (after watching a terrible Spurs goal) I was out of the house.  A quick trip to McDonald's to buy a bottle of water and 20 minutes later I was at the starting point.  I wanted to pace myself as best as I could.  I didn't want to run at my 5k speed.  I had a long way to go.  Once I was stretched I started running.  Well....I lived up to my name.......it was slow running at its best.  I took my time and finished 15ks.  In all it took me one hour and forty minutes of running but I finished.  The goal for 2012 has been completed.  I'm going to take a few days to recover and then I start again.  If you are reading this blog for the first time my goal next year is to run the equivalent of my front door to the Sydney Opera House (which is 1010 km) in one year.  I can't wait to get started.

Here are the stats:


 
KM 12: 7:08
KM 13: 7:02
KM 14: 7:27
KM 15: 7:21
 
Calories: 1419
Time: 1:40:43
Weight: 90kg (198lbs)
 
Tracks:
The hardest button to button - The White Stripes
Barely listening - Pilate
Washing of the water - Peter Gabriel
Buddy Holly - Weezer
London Calling - The Clash
Voodoo lady - Ween
Creeping out Sara - NOFX
Leave my body - Florence & The Machine
Rebel Rebel - David Bowie
11th Dimension - Julian Casablancas
Don't you (forget about me) - Simple Minds
Tell me in the morning - Cold War Kids
Electrical storm - U2
Dead leaves and the dirty ground - The White Stripes
Take it easy - The Eagles
Human - The Killers
Boy, oh boy - Streamer Bendy
Date with the night - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
The hill - Marketa Irglova
Finding out true love is blind - Louis XIV
I put a spell on you - CCR
Take me out - Franz Ferdinand
Tokyo (Vampires & Wolves) - The Wombats
My body is a cage - Arcade Fire
Slow dancing - U2 feat. Willie Nelson
I only want you - The Eagles of Death Metal
In a little while - U2
 
P.S. The look of the blog will be changing slightly.  I will be moving away from stats and going more to completeing the 1010 kilometers to the Sydney Opera house.  Look for a new readers poll in the next few days.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment