Translate

Sunday, September 2, 2012

The B2B is done!

I had to wake up at 3:45 am........it's my nephews birthday today (Happy 12th birthday Nick!) and I woke up early to call him in Canada.  When I called to wish him a happy birthday he wasn't there (I had to settle for a facebook message later in the day).  I was out of the house by 4:10 am and off to pick up AM in front of his building.  I munched on some orange slices while waiting for him and after a few minutes it was off to get our next friend BS and get to the start line.  We met up with MA and NM and got ready for the 10k race.  I had 1 goal for this years run (2 if you add I also wanted to finish the race) and that was to beat my time last year.  I ran it last year in one hour and nine minutes.  The run got off to a rocky start when my shoe lace came undone before the first kilometer.  So I made it over to the side of the Gateway bridge making sure I didn't impede anyone else (mission accomplished) and I was off running again.  Last year I took a walking break at the 5k mark......not this year.....I hit the 5k and kept going.....past the 6k, the 7k and ran past the 8k....then I got to the hill.  The hill is a steep incline around the 8k mark.  The hill beat me this year.  That is the last time.  Next year I will run the 10k without stopping.

I finished the 10k in 1:03 which is 6 minutes quicker then last year!  Very excited about that.  Now I just have the 15k run on September 30th. 

To see my results: http://tiktok.biz/bridgetobrisbane/2012/08241

 
 
If you have anything to add please leave a comment or email me at Slowmanrunning73@gmail.com

I created a group on the miCoach website for all the slowrunners out there. If you are interested in joining the group please sign up on the miCoach site and download the free miCoach app for your smart phone. Here is the link:

http://community-micoach.adidas.com/groups/slowrunning



Calories: 1000

Times

1K: 6:45
2K: 5:41
3K: 5:59
4K: 6:09
5K: 6:05
6K: 6:04
7K: 6:01
8K: 6:21
9K: 6:35
10K: 6:12

Tracks:
I want to take your higher - Sly and Family Stone
Dear Catastrophe waitress - Belle and Sebastian
Need you around - Smoking Popes
I will survive - Cake
Slow dancing - U2 feat. Willie Nelson
Lets make love and listen to death from above - CSS
Pumped up kicks - Foster the People
Home - Edward Sharp and the Magnetic Zeros
Addicted to drugs - Kaiser Chiefs
Ain't no sunshine - Bill Withers
Stephanie says - Velvet Underground
Year of the rat - Badly Drawn Boy
We walk - The Ting Tings
Rebellion (lies) - The Arcade Fire
Deep blue - The Arcade Fire
You're so cool - Streamer Bendy
Take me out - Franz Ferdinand


No comments:

Post a Comment