Translate

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Hot!

I live in Australia.  Australia gets hot.  Really hot.  The kinda hot where you need to have 3 or 4 showers a day kinda hot.  I hate it.  I mean I really don't hate it.....I live in the tropics....how can you really hate living in the tropics?  But.....I don't handle the heat very well....I'm a Canadian transplanted into Brisbane Queensland Australia.  The Sunshine State.  It's starting to get hot.  The winter here (not really winter) is perfect.  On the coldest of cold days it may get down to 7c...at night or early in the morning....but really you are looking at a day of 22c with sun.  I know....it's a tough life.  But its almost summer.  7 am and its already 30c is just around the corner.  When I went for my run this morning at 8 am it was already 18c (and climbing) and they day topped out at 27c.  I'm going to have to start waking up at 5:30 in the morning to get my runs in......I'm not looking forward to that.

My run today was fantastic.  5ks in 28:49  One of my fastest 5ks yet.  The one thing that has let me down is not doing a long run.  My 15k run is a little more then 2 weeks away and I have to get some long runs in there.  I'm hoping to run 12ks Saturday morning.  Not sure which route to take.....I might wake up early and drive down to the Brisbane river....just to change the scenery up a little bit.

If you have anything to add please leave a comment or email me at Slowmanrunning73@gmail.com

I created a group on the miCoach website for all the slowrunners out there. If you are interested in joining the group please sign up on the miCoach site and download the free miCoach app for your smart phone. Here is the link:

http://community-micoach.adidas.com/groups/slowrunning

Calories: 470

Weight: 90.1kg (198.6lbs)

Time:
1K: 6:05
 
Tracks:
Maps - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
20th century boy - T-Rex
Violet hill - Coldplay
Just what I needed - The Cars
Ch-check it out - The Beastie Boys
Take your moma - Scissor Sisters
Silence is easy - Starsailor
Creeping out Sara - NOFX
My body is a cage - The Arcade Fire


No comments:

Post a Comment