Translate

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Yesterday......all my troubles seemed so far away....

This post is a day late.

I decided to wake up early and go for a run.  My alarm was set for 7:00 am (this does not sound early but it was early for a Saturday).  As the bells rang I checked the temperature (on my phone.  The days of getting out of bed and looking out a window are long gone) it was 14c.  14c is no big deal.  I can handle 14c any day.  I decided to go back to bed.  I woke up at 7:30 as my dog decided it was an ideal time to lick my face.  I looked at my phone again for the temperature.  It's now 18c and I better get up before it's too late (and too hot). 

I struggled out of bed and I finally made it out the door at 8:00am (it was now 20c) and on the running road.  I felt good but my 5k run was squashed down to a 3k run as the heat intensified.  By time I finished my run it was pushing 24c.  Ah the joys of living in Australia. 

This heat (and its quick increase) brought to mind what to do for my 15k run.  I'll have to start very early.  I figured it's going to take me about one hour and thirty minutes to finish the run.  If I am out of my house by 6:00 am and running by 6:30 I should be done by around 8 am.  That wont be too bad.  I could handle that. 

If you have anything to add please leave a comment or email me at Slowmanrunning73@gmail.com

I created a group on the miCoach website for all the slowrunners out there. If you are interested in joining the group please sign up on the miCoach site and download the free miCoach app for your smart phone. Here is the link:

http://community-micoach.adidas.com/groups/slowrunning



 
Calories: 280
Weight 90.5 (199lbs)
Distance 3k
 
Tracks:
Viva la vida - Coldplay
M.O.R - Blur
I am one - Smashing Pumpkins
I wish I knew Natalie Portman - K-OS
Live at PJ's - The Beastie Boys
Finding out true love is blind - Louis XIV

No comments:

Post a Comment