Translate

Friday, September 7, 2012

First post B2B run.

Ok.....I admit it.  I have been taking it easy since the Bridge to Brisbane (interesting that take it easy by the Eagles was the first song off my playlist).  I haven't been putting in the miles like I was 2 weeks ago.  But today was different.  I woke up at 7 am.  Checked the temperature outside on my iPhone.  It was 12c.  Perfect for running.  The weather is starting to heat up and my 8:30 am runs are now a thing of the past.  I'll have to wake up earlier and earlier.  I had a cup of coffee and I was out the door by 7:30 am (the temperature had risen to 14c).  It felt great getting out there.  I was inspired by how many other runners were around.  What pleased me the most was when a whole pack of runners came out.  Each running together but at their own pace.  It was very inspiring.  I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to complete the 5k in under 30 minutes.  I had been almost a week since I had run.  But luckily I got in there at 29:57 and my last K was the fastest at 5:49

I don't want my week to sound totally devoid of all physical activity.  I was able to play tennis with AP after dropping off my father in-law at the airport last Tuesday.  We played for about 2 hours.  It was great to play another sport.  I almost felt like wearing my iPhone to judge how many calories I burned and how many kilometers I ran.....but that would be the behaviour of an odd ball......no?

If you have anything to add please leave a comment or email me at Slowmanrunning73@gmail.com

I created a group on the miCoach website for all the slowrunners out there. If you are interested in joining the group please sign up on the miCoach site and download the free miCoach app for your smart phone. Here is the link:

http://community-micoach.adidas.com/groups/slowrunning

 
Weight: 89.8 kg (197.9lb) 
Calories: 475
 
Tracks:
Take it easy - The Eagles
Sticks 'n' Stones - Jamie T
Yoshimi battles the pink robots Pt. 1 - The Flaming Lips
Date with the night - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
The Suburbs - Arcade Fire
National anthem - Radiohead
The killing moon - Echo and the Bunnymen

No comments:

Post a Comment