Translate

Friday, March 1, 2013

Brisbane to Sydney Opera House (virtual run)

I suffered my first injury.  It's not too bad.  My big toe (left foot) is throbbing.  Not sure why after my run that my big toe (left foot) is hurting.  It's done this before.  I iced it (it is really hard to ice one toe....big or not) and had trouble sleeping (the throbbing was keeping me up.....I'm sorry I just wrote that) but a big healthy breakfast and I feel better.  I'm hoping that my big toe (left foot) feels better tomorrow and I can sneak a run in.....if the rain ever bloody stops.

Speaking of the rain not stopping I was able to get my run in.  Luckily for me the rain stopped for one hour right when my shift at work finished.  So I got out there quickly and got in a 5.5k run.  My 5k time was the best of the year and I was able to complete the second k in 5:49.

I also got some very good news this week.  My running friend VH sent me a text to tell me she is ready to start running again.  We have lined up every Tuesday to run.  My goal is to get her to run the 10k Bridge to Brisbane this year.....I'm not sure if that is her goal.....I'm sure I will find out soon.

Stats:
Distance: 5.5 (3.42 miles)
Total kilometres: 158.36 (98.4miles)
Kilometres left: 851.64 (529.19 miles)
Weight: 90.9kg (200lbs)
Calories burned: 521

Total Calories burned: 15090

If you have anything to add please leave a comment or email me at Slowmanrunning73@gmail.com

I created a group on the miCoach website for all the slowrunners out there. If you are interested in joining the group please sign up on the miCoach site and download the free miCoach app for your smart phone. Here is the link: http://community-micoach.adidas.com/groups/slowrunning

No comments:

Post a Comment