Translate

Monday, March 11, 2013

Brisbane to Sydney Opera House (virtual run)

I did not feel like running today.  I woke up very early in the morning to watch Manchester United take on Chelsea.  Once the game was over I headed into work and my first training class was cancelled due to how busy work was.  So for the first 4 hours of my shift I didn't do much.  Attended one meeting and just prepared for my new class which starts tomorrow.

By the time 4:30 pm rolled around I was dragging my feet.  But I got changed and forced myself to hit the road.  Half a kilometre wasn't even completed and I wanted to stop and go home.  But, I stayed the course and kept hitting the pavement.  I've been meaning to run longer distances for awhile now and today was going to be that day.  I actually ran 6ks and felt (surprisingly) very good at the end.  It wasn't a fast earth shattering run or anything.  It was a deliberate run.  Just making sure I had one foot in front of the other.  As I sit here writing this blog post I'm also happy to report that my big toe (left foot) doesn't hurt.  I haven't worn my Nike Free since last week.  As soon as I got back to work the shoe came off.  Just in case it was too tight and that was what caused the pain in the first place. 



Stats:

Distance: 6k (3.73 miles)
Total kilometres: 183.6 (114.1 miles)
Kilometres left: 826.4 (513.5 miles)
Weight: 90.5 kg (199.52lbs)
Calories burned: 558

Total Calories burned: 17477

If you have anything to add please leave a comment or email me at Slowmanrunning73@gmail.com

I created a group on the miCoach website for all the slowrunners out there. If you are interested in joining the group please sign up on the miCoach site and download the free miCoach app for your smart phone. Here is the link: http://community-micoach.adidas.com/groups/slowrunning

No comments:

Post a Comment