Translate

Friday, March 22, 2013

Brisbane to Sydney Opera House (virtual run)

This post is a day late.

I completed a 5.5k run yesterday.  I had originally planned to extend it to an 8k run but I had a physio appt later that day and I wanted to be in too much pain.  Thank god I did.  While I have not been feeling any knee or back problems (all last year I was plagued with knee and back problems) I went to the physio for maintenance.  My hamstrings were very tight and the physio actually caused me pain.  I didn't like that....but I am feeling great today and can't wait to get in another run tomorrow.

I have all of next week off (except for one day.....I work Thursday....that's not too bad at all) so I plan on getting a lot of running in during my days off.  I will finally attempt a 10k run that I've been avoiding for a month.  I think my fitness will actually get better once I get in some longer runs.  I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

We have a new member to our slowrunning group on the MiCoach website.  A big welcome to SirMark182.  Look forward to seeing your results coming in.  Battlesausage continues to lead the group with AP in second and yours truly getting a bronze medal.  I can honestly say you guys are inspiring me to keep running.  Thank you very much.

Stats:

Distance: 5.5k (3.42 miles)
Total kilometres: 209.1 (129.87 miles)
Kilometres left: 800.9 (497.7 miles)
Weight: 90 kg (198.42lbs)
Calories burned: 519

Total Calories burned: 19877
If you have anything to add please leave a comment or email me at Slowmanrunning73@gmail.com

I created a group on the miCoach website for all the slowrunners out there. If you are interested in joining the group please sign up on the miCoach site and download the free miCoach app for your smart phone. Here is the link: http://community-micoach.adidas.com/groups/slowrunning

2 comments:

  1. Glad that the cycle of inspiration continues. You write I want to run, you run and get closer to taking the MVP. I have to run as I don`t want to lose the MVP. Now no complaining when you have to run in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind running in the winter....I love running in the winter....that's the time to run. No running in the heat...I hate the heat!

      Delete