Translate

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Brisbane to Sydney Opera House (virtual run) 21% done

When the moon hits your eye........

I had a great running day.  I started in the morning and continued into the evening.  At the end I was told by a complete stranger that my face looked like a full moon......let me explain.

Around 9 am this morning I started my run.  I wasn't sure if I was going to do a 5 or an 8k run.  I had not run in a few days.  I was worried that I would push myself to 8ks and feel terrible afterwards....so my out was just a quick 5k run.  But the time I finished 5 I was feeling great and kept going to till I hit 8ks.  The time wasn't quick.  I'm not really worried about being quick.  I am more interested in distance at the moment.  At the bottom of this page I've setup a poll question.  Do you acknowledge other runners when you are running?  What is the common practice?

When I came home from my run I took a shower and had a spot of breakfast (avocado on toast with tomato) and took a lovely lovely nap.

I had also made plans tonight to meet with VH.  We had missed the last couple of weeks due to our (really her.....I don't really have a busy life) busy schedules.  I was hoping to complete at least a 3k run with VH tonight.  It was a perfect evening for our run.  27c and a lovely cool wind over the Brisbane river.  In total we completed 4ks and we felt great doing it.  VH not far off from completing a 5k run.....our running today was 1 minute of running and 2 minutes of walking.  next week could be 2 minutes of running and 2 minutes of walking.  Lets see how VH is feeling.  After the run we stopped by an Indian man who started talking about the moon and about how he has noticed a face in the moon.....that kind of looked like my face.  He asked us if we have noticed a face which I asked the man on the moon?  He then told me there are no men on the moon....I guess that is true.........

Here is VH's playlist:
Mark Ronson & the business intl - bang bang bang
Bloc party - flux
The bird and the bee - fucking boyfriend
Crosby, stills & Nash - wooden ships
Angus and Julia stone - and the boys
Radiohead - the bends
The Beatles - Eleanor rigby
Mirah - the garden
Robyn - hyperballad
Lior - corner of an endless road


In the Slowrunning group BattleSausage still holds down first place.....with 44.38ks.  I'm in second with 37.41.  AP is a close third with 35.15 and Sirmark and DA are fourth and fifth. 

Stats:
Distance: 12k (7.46 miles)
Total kilometres: 221.1 (137.39 miles)
Kilometres left: 788.9 (490.2 miles)
Weight: 90 kg (198.42lbs)
Calories burned: 1159

Total Calories burned: 21036
If you have anything to add please leave a comment or email me at Slowmanrunning73@gmail.com

I created a group on the miCoach website for all the slowrunners out there. If you are interested in joining the group please sign up on the miCoach site and download the free miCoach app for your smart phone. Here is the link: http://community-micoach.adidas.com/groups/slowrunning

3 comments:

  1. When I encounter other runners I speed up and stare intently into the distance as if in too much pain to notice them. Unless they have a dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you unknown. I kinda do the samething.

      Delete
  2. I always try to judge their pace, if they seems slower than me I wave or head nod. If they are faster I only head nod if they wave first.

    ReplyDelete