Translate

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Brisbane to Sydney Opera House (virtual run)

I'm getting behind in my posts.  So this post is actually 2 posts in one.  I completed a 5k run yesterday and it was a good run.  My time is getting better.  Still not at the 28 minutes of my previous run (I wonder about this.  Where I finished a 5k run in 28 minutes was very open.  Currently I'm running 5ks on a path that has 2 long tunnels.  I wonder if this is actually making my run time slower?).  My 5k run this time was done in 31:44 which is a minute faster then my previous 5k.  I know I'm going to have to start doing some longer runs.  I'm hoping to start that soon. 

After my run yesterday my big toe (left foot) was swollen and I was in considerable amount of pain.  It actually made it difficult to sleep.  By morning the pain had lessened and by afternoon I was no longer in any pain.  I don't know what is causing this toe pain.  Anyone out there have any ideas?  Maybe my shoes are too tight?  I switched to my Adidas shoes and there is no pain in my toe tonight.

Tuesday (weather permitting) is going to be my running day with VH.  As I was driving to her house the rains came down but by the time I arrived the sun peaked out and it was a perfect running evening.  This was VH's first run since the 2012 Bridge to Brisbane.  We completed 3ks in 30 minutes.  We originally were going to just do 20 minutes but after 20 minutes VH said she felt pretty good so we added an additional 10 minutes to the run.  We walked 2 minutes and ran for minute over the 30 minute span.  Good results for VH as she takes up running again.

VH had downloaded a running app that mimicked a Zombie attack.  While running this iPhone app (will have to ask her for the name) will let you know that you have zombies on your trail and you have to run faster.  Quite funny really.  The music the app chose to play seems to be very fitting.  We are not sure if it was accidental or on purpose.  Here are the songs she listened to:

Accidents - Alexisonfire
Back to black - Amy Winehouse
I will survive - Cake
Eternal life - Jeff Buckley
Heads will roll - The Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Set it off like napalm - Emarosa

So either the app is picking the music or VH is into some dark stuff.

Stats:

Distance: 8.17 (5.17 miles)
Total kilometres: 166.53 (103.57iles)
Kilometres left: 843.47 (524.11 miles)
Weight: 90.9kg (200lbs)
Calories burned: 787

Total Calories burned: 15877

If you have anything to add please leave a comment or email me at Slowmanrunning73@gmail.com

I created a group on the miCoach website for all the slowrunners out there. If you are interested in joining the group please sign up on the miCoach site and download the free miCoach app for your smart phone. Here is the link: http://community-micoach.adidas.com/groups/slowrunning

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like the toe pain is the Gout. I have to say it sounds silly but I have the Gout. If you look at the joint on your toe it should be really red, also I willing to bet it hurts like hell to have a bed sheet on your toe?

    If you read about gout on wikipedia you will see that it can be caused by eating "rich" foods, such as red meats, wine. You know how much meat I eat, hardly anything. It can also be caused by fitness.

    Best thing to do is take an anti-inflamitory but make sure you go see your doctor. They will give you some great pain and anti-inflamitory pills and should be back to normal in a few days after a flair up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it might have been gout too.....but now I am not to sure. It isn't joint pain but the pain resides on the outside area of the toe near the nail. I think it might be a nail problem (in grown?). I went to the doctor a couple of years ago when it first happened and the doctor did not think it was gout. I'm very confused.

      Delete
  2. http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/lyme-disease-support-forums/general-support/2657694-throbbing-pain-in-big-toe

    Might be worth a read.

    ReplyDelete