Translate

Friday, March 8, 2013

Brisbane to Sydney Opera House (virtual run)

As I was running today I suddenly came to the realization that I am an injury (or getting sick) away from really putting my goal of completing the 1010ks this year in jeopardy.  I'm right on the nose at the moment.  But if I have a week off then I might be screwed.  I have to get as many ks in right now because I am feeling in perfect health.

I completed another 5.5k run today.  My 5k pace was one minute quicker today.  That made me feel good.  I am getting fitter.  This is a good feeling.  I was able to turn it up a notch for the last kilometre.  My last k was done in 5:43.

I have switched positions at work.  For 3 months I am doing training.  It's quite enjoyable.  I have never trained anyone before.  I am working 8am to 5pm and it has really worked in my favour.  I've lost 3 kilos and running 4 days a week.  Not bad at all.  My wife enjoys it as well.  She gets to go swimming 4 days a week.  It has been a perfect month for training.

To my (delightful) surprise today I checked the slowrunning group and we have 2 new members.  Welcome to longtime friend AP and someone called Bajarmusica.  Thank you for joining the group.  I look forward to seeing your training results.  If you would like to join the slowrunning group please see the link at the bottom of this post.

Stats:

Distance: 5.54 (3.44 miles)
Total kilometres: 177.6 (110.46 miles)
Kilometres left: 832.4 (517.23 miles)
Weight: 90.5 kg (199.52lbs)
Calories burned: 522

Total Calories burned: 16919

If you have anything to add please leave a comment or email me at Slowmanrunning73@gmail.com

I created a group on the miCoach website for all the slowrunners out there. If you are interested in joining the group please sign up on the miCoach site and download the free miCoach app for your smart phone. Here is the link: http://community-micoach.adidas.com/groups/slowrunning

No comments:

Post a Comment