Translate

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A better 7Ks

I had to switch things up at work.  I was originally supposed to start work at 10 am but went in for 8 am.  Which meant that I could run at UQ after work.  As you have read in previous blog postings Sarah (my wife) does Yoga at UQ on Tuesdays and when I can I run there while waiting to take her home.  I finally got my heart rate monitor working again (I had to get a new battery for it) so for the first time in 9 to 10 months I was able to run with a heart rate monitor.  The good news is that my heart is not working as hard as it used to.  The rate has come down quite a bit.  That was a nice surprise.  The other spot of good news is that for the first time ever I completed the 7ks without taking a walking break.  I am pretty pleased about that.  Because I was trying to run the whole distance I ran a little bit slower then I normally do and completed the 7ks in 43:22.  My fastest lap was the 5th which I completed in 6:02.  The slowest was the last K which I finished in 6:18. 

 
Calories: 676
 
 
Tracks:
 
I will survive - Cake
Step on - The Happy Mondays
Just like honey - The Jesus and Mary Chain
Gods gonna cut you down - Johnny Cash
The national anthem - Radiohead
Bizarre love triangle - New Order
Silent sigh - Badly Drawn Boy
One time too many - P.J. Harvey
Waste - Foster the People
Steady as she goes - The Raconteurs
Deep blue - Arcade Fire
Scattered diamonds - Hungry Kids of Hungary
Higher ground - Stevie Wonder
 
If you have anything to add please leave a comment or email me at Slowmanrunning73@gmail.com

I created a group on the miCoach website for all the slowrunners out there. If you are interested in joining the group please sign up on the miCoach site and download the free miCoach app for your smart phone. Here is the link:

http://community-micoach.adidas.com/groups/slowrunning

 


No comments:

Post a Comment