Translate

Monday, August 20, 2012

What a busy day

Yesterday was one busy exercising kind of day.  In the morning I met up with AP and we played tennis in Bulimba for 2.5 hours.  It is still officially "winter" here in Australia but it was quite warm.  After the game we settled in at Grilled and ate some burgers.  My favorite thing about the tennis is hanging out with AP.  He just moved back from London and its great to hangout again.  I said my good-byes to AP and headed home.  My left calf muscle felt a little tight.  I got home and put some ice and heat on it.  It started to feel much better after a couple of hours. ( I also received a message from my friend CS.  She is also looking into starting a running program.  I gave her some tips on what to do.  I'll post her progress as I get it.)  I had a very nice hot shower and then it was off to meet VH for a run around UQ.  We are starting to prepare for the B2B (12 days away as I type this) so we needed to get another 5K in.  While she wasn't feeling the best before the run I wanted to push her a little bit and I waited until we were quite warmed up before I challenged her with a sustained running distance.  The first one was to run up an incline for a couple of minutes.  No problem at all.  The second challenge was to sustain a 5 minute run at the end.  Which we also nailed.  She is ready to do the 5K B2B and now its just about getting her time down.



Calories: 500

Time: 43:00

Tracks:

Jean Genie - David Bowie
Silence is easy - Starsailor
Just what I needed - The Cars
Rudy got soul - Desmond Dekker
I only want you - Eagles of Death Metal
Addicted to love - Eagles of Death Metal
I will survive - Cake
Falling at your feet - Bone & Daniel Lanois
Juicebox - The Strokes
Boy, oh boy - Streamer Bendy
I want you back - The Jackson 5
Poster of a girl - Metric
I bet you look good on the dancefloor - The Arctic Monkeys
Walk away - Franz Ferdinand


If you have anything to add please leave a comment or email me at Slowmanrunning73@gmail.com

I created a group on the miCoach website for all the slowrunners out there. If you are interested in joining the group please sign up on the miCoach site and download the free miCoach app for your smart phone. Here is the link:

http://community-micoach.adidas.com/groups/slowrunning



No comments:

Post a Comment