Translate

Friday, August 31, 2012

The B2B is tomorrow.

The Bridge to Brisbane is tomorrow.  I'm very excited.  I almost injured myself taking out the garbage on Wednesday.  It was dark and I hit a divot in the grass and turned my ankle a little bit.  After a few painful steps and much swearing under my breath I walked it off.  It felt tender that night and the next day so I have not done a preparation run for the B2B.  My last run was Tuesday.  I was hoping to do 5 or 7ks yesterday but I didn't want to aggravate my injury any further.....maybe I just wussed out? 

I'm picking up friends of the blog AM and BS at 4:30 in the morning and then we had out to MA house to park our cars near the starting lines.  It was 7c when I woke up this morning at 4:30 am and the weather tomorrow should be the same.  I love running in the cold so I can't wait to get out there.  If you see me on TV tomorrow then it has gone horribly wrong.  My last years time was 1:09 and I'm hoping to be around the 1:05 or under mark.  Fingers crossed.  I'll have an update tomorrow of how the race went.


 
If you have anything to add please leave a comment or email me at Slowmanrunning73@gmail.com

I created a group on the miCoach website for all the slowrunners out there. If you are interested in joining the group please sign up on the miCoach site and download the free miCoach app for your smart phone. Here is the link:

http://community-micoach.adidas.com/groups/slowrunning
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment