Translate

Friday, October 5, 2012

Day 1

6/10/12 - Day One

I've started my journey.  It has started badly.  The heat got to me and I only completed a 3k run.  An auspicious start but I am nothing if not positive and I'll do better tomorrow.  I tried to get a way with sleeping in a little bit but it ended up getting me in the end.  I just have to resign myself to the fact that it's hot and I don't handle the heat well.  Getting up at 5 or 6 am for the next few months is just something that I will have to get used to. 

I'm going to change how the blog will look.  I'm going to move away from recording specific stats such as kilometer splits or the songs that I listened to on the run.  I'm not so interested in speed work at this moment.  Right now my focus is going to be about getting in shape, running longer distances and to continue to lose weight.  Music is still a very important thing in my life so I may do a write up of a song that inspired me when I wanted to quit but it will not be as prominent. 

On every blog posting I will include a map of Australia showing how far I have run.  So, follow along with me as I take this journey of 1010 kilometers (1007 now after my pathetic 3k run).

As always I want to hear what you think.  I have setup a new readers poll.  The question is should I create a Slow Running Man FaceBook page?  Have your say at the bottom of this page.


Day 1
Distance: 3k
Total kilometers: 3k
Days left: 364
Kilometers left: 1007 (625 miles)
Weight: 91kg (200lbs)
Calories burned: 284
Total Calories burned: 284

 
 
If you have anything to add please leave a comment or email me at Slowmanrunning73@gmail.com

I created a group on the miCoach website for all the slowrunners out there. If you are interested in joining the group please sign up on the miCoach site and download the free miCoach app for your smart phone. Here is the link:

http://community-micoach.adidas.com/groups/slowrunning





No comments:

Post a Comment