Translate

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Day 22 - Brisbane to the Sydney Opera House (virtual run)

I used to (many years ago) wake up Sunday morning/early afternoon and feel like hell.  The night before I had gone to some bar or a house party and tried to do as much damage as I could to my body.  This continued up until I went for a physical and my Doctor thought I had hepatitis.  Lucky I didn't have hepatitis.  What I had was a weekend drinking problem.  Since then I have cleaned up my act and I am now (as my Australia friends would call me) a cadbury.  I had a beer with my good friend AP last week....and I felt a little tipsy.  After one beer.  It was quite sad.  Now, I wake up early Sunday morning and I do a 5k run instead.  I miss the old me sometimes.

The weather was absolutely brilliant this morning.  A storm sauntered in last night and cooled everything down.  It was 20c when I left the house but there was no humidity and the clouds did a great job covering up the face of the sun.  What I had instead was a cool breeze to welcome my running steps. 

I've also changed one thing about my runs.  Before today I would stop at the 5k or 7k mark and walk back home.  But now I'm going to run all the way home and include the total run and not stop when I have completed a full kilometer.  I figure I'm officially a week and a half behind my goal and I need every last bit of distance to make it.



The above figure shows how far I have run so far.  I've made it out of Brisbane and still far away from the Gold Coast.

 
This above figure shows you how far I still have to go.
 
There is a new Poll question at the bottom of this blog.  You can now also see other blogs that I currently enjoying.


Day 22
Distance: 5.22k
Total kilometres: 33.22k
Days left: 343
Kilometres left: 977 (607 miles)
Weight: 90.8kg (200lbs)
Calories burned: 488
Total Calories burned: 3120




If you have anything to add please leave a comment or email me at Slowmanrunning73@gmail.com

I created a group on the miCoach website for all the slowrunners out there. If you are interested in joining the group please sign up on the miCoach site and download the free miCoach app for your smart phone. Here is the link:

http://community-micoach.adidas.com/groups/slowrunning

No comments:

Post a Comment