Translate

Friday, October 12, 2012

Day 6 Brisbane to the Sydney Opera house (virtual run)

Week one.

If you are reading this blog for the first time let me sum up my goals.

I've just completed my running goal for this year (doing a 15k run) and I had to pick a new running goal for 2012-2013.  The goal I picked was to run from my front door step (Forest Lake, QLD Australia) to the Sydney Opera House in one year.  The distance is 1010 kilometres.  Which equals to about 20 kilometres a week.  The reason for this goal is simple.  I get bored quite easily and I need to have something to keep me interested.

The first week has been good.  I was able to run 20ks this week. I was hoping for more ks but the weather in Brisbane has been terrible the last few days.  One running day got washed out by rain and the next day was ruined due to a hurricane speed winds (OK I exaggerate but it was windy!).  I woke up Saturday morning not knowing what to expect.  Luckily the morning was perfect.  Sunny and cool.  Quite a respite from the 33c day we had early in the week.  I had 7ks to run today due to the fact that I had just run 13ks this week.  Very slowly I completed my 7k run in 45:19




Day 6
Distance: 7k
Total kilometres: 20k
Days left: 359
Kilometres left: 990 (615 miles)
Weight: 90.2kg (198lbs)
Calories burned: 659
Total Calories burned: 1879




If you have anything to add please leave a comment or email me at Slowmanrunning73@gmail.com

I created a group on the miCoach website for all the slowrunners out there. If you are interested in joining the group please sign up on the miCoach site and download the free miCoach app for your smart phone. Here is the link:

http://community-micoach.adidas.com/groups/slowrunning

No comments:

Post a Comment