Translate

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Brisbane to Sydney Opera House (virtual run)

*I'm not sure how this has happened but I have some advertising on my blog.  I'm really sorry about that.  I will try to get that fixed*

I have completed 2 runs since my last post.  I set a personal record on the first run.  The one thing I was trying to overcome was my slow starts.  My first k is always my slowest.  I figured if I kept it under 6 minutes I would be able to finish my 5k run in under 30 minutes without having to run my guts out for the last kilometer.  I felt great while I was running.  In fact I completed my first k in 5:49 and kept it up from there.  This run was my fastest 5ks ever at 28:44 lets hope it gets better from here. 

My second run was not as good.  I completed the 5ks in under 30 minutes but it took me awhile to get going.  In total I got a 6k run in and I am totally pain free.  I still have not attempted any long runs.  Will have to do something about that.

Stats:

Distance: 12.92ks (8.03 miles)
Total kilometres: 381.36k (237 miles)
Kilometres left: 628.64 k (390.6 miles)
Weight: 89.5 kg (197lbs)
Calories burned: 1177

Total Calories burned: 36,123
If you have anything to add please leave a comment or email me at Slowmanrunning73@gmail.com

I created a group on the miCoach website for all the slowrunners out there. If you are interested in joining the group please sign up on the miCoach site and download the free miCoach app for your smart phone. Here is the link: http://community-micoach.adidas.com/groups/slowrunning

3 comments:

  1. Don`t get hung up on the number, just go out there and run. You know you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback. I'm doing a run tonight and going to change my running route to see how many Ks I do.

    ReplyDelete