Translate

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Brisbane to Sydney Opera House (virtual run)

My running session with VH had to be cancelled yesterday.  I ended up getting off work very early and had no reason to stick around so I drove home.  I took a nap, got up....and went for a run.  I couldn't bring myself to run around the lake again.  I wanted to take a different path.  The one I tried last night was really a lot of fun.  It didn't have any big hills but it did have some pretty good inclines.  I think I will keep that run as my plan b.

My time was nothing special.  Finished over the 30 minutes for 5k.  The reason for this is a very slow start and the new running path sends me across some roads and I had to wait a few seconds to make sure it was safe to cross.  I'm hoping the next time I run it will be quicker.

A few weeks ago I downloaded an app called my fitness pal.  I use it to calculate my food intake so I can see how many calories I am eating a day.  I have set the threshold to 1800 calories a day.  I've really enjoyed using it.  The app also has a bar code scanner so I can scan food and it will calculate all the calories for me.  Since I have been using it my weight has gone down.  The weight kept fluctuating around 91 +(201 lbs)  kilograms.  But since using this weight I'm down to 89.5kg (197lbs) and staying there.  The longer I use it I can see the weight continuing to come off.  As you can see from the picture below there is a nice downward trend.

 
Stats:
Distance: 5.62 (3.5 miles)
Total kilometres: 333.85k (207.5 miles)
Kilometres left: 676.15k (420.2 miles)
Weight: 89.5 kg (197lbs)
Calories burned: 525

Total Calories burned: 31702
If you have anything to add please leave a comment or email me at Slowmanrunning73@gmail.com

I created a group on the miCoach website for all the slowrunners out there. If you are interested in joining the group please sign up on the miCoach site and download the free miCoach app for your smart phone. Here is the link: http://community-micoach.adidas.com/groups/slowrunning
 


No comments:

Post a Comment