Translate

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Brisbane to Sydney Opera House (virtual run)

I'm trying this new thing.  I'm sticking (for the moment) to my Nike free running shoes.  Nike free simulates the barefoot running experience.  Up until the last week I've been switching shoes (between my Nike free and my Adidas running shoe) because I was a little worried about having very little support on my runs.  So far there has not been a single problem.  I've run over 20ks with the Nike's and my legs feel good.  I will keep you posted on how I go. (also friend of the blog AP has also just bought a pair of Nike free.  I've asked for feedback on his new shoes)

My run today was great.  Mrs. Slowrunning didn't want to swim for very long so all I was going to do was 5ks.  Because I knew it would just be a 5k run I ran pretty hard.  My fastest k was completed in 5:24 and my 5k run was completed in 28:16 which is the best 5k run ever.  My previous best was 28:45.......so it was a very good day.

Stats:
Distance: 5.02ks (3.12 miles)
Total kilometres: 392.1k (243.6 miles)
Kilometres left: 617.9 k (384 miles)
Weight: 89.5 kg (197lbs)
Calories burned: 456

Total Calories burned: 37,100
If you have anything to add please leave a comment or email me at Slowmanrunning73@gmail.com

I created a group on the miCoach website for all the slowrunners out there. If you are interested in joining the group please sign up on the miCoach site and download the free miCoach app for your smart phone. Here is the link: http://community-micoach.adidas.com/groups/slowrunning

No comments:

Post a Comment