Translate

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Brisbane to Sydney Opera House (virtual run)

My wireless router has decided to give up the ghost so this post is coming a day late.  I am hoping to have it fixed by the weekend.....if the repair man decides to come and fix it.  Fingers crossed.

Now that Mrs. Slowrunning is feeling better she is starting to swim again.  This means that when she swims I can run.  That is exactly what happened last night.  I must admit that running under the stars is quite an amazing feeling.  If you have ever visited Australia you will know that there is very little light pollution (compared to N. America at least) and every so often I'll look up and get caught off guard at the spectacular view.

It was a fine run yesterday.  I completed 5.3ks but felt I could have run forever.  I am finding that I am starting quite slow and I pick up my pace after each K.  By the end of the run I was almost sprinting.  I must look like a maniac sprinting with a big stupid grin on my face.  I guess its a good thing that I am running at night.

My next run wont be till Saturday.  I'm taking today off as a rest day and tomorrow night I'm going to take pictures for the Anywhere festival.  The show I'm taking pictures for is Moon - Presented by The Australia Voices. I'm very excited about this oppurtunity.

Stats:

Distance: 5.39 (3.14iles)
Total kilometres: 315.01k (195.74 miles)
Kilometres left: 694.01k (431.24 miles)
Weight: 89.6 kg (197lbs)
Calories burned: 505

Total Calories burned: 29932
If you have anything to add please leave a comment or email me at Slowmanrunning73@gmail.com

I created a group on the miCoach website for all the slowrunners out there. If you are interested in joining the group please sign up on the miCoach site and download the free miCoach app for your smart phone. Here is the link: http://community-micoach.adidas.com/groups/slowrunning

No comments:

Post a Comment