Translate

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Brisbane to Sydney Opera House (virtual run 32% done)

I was suposed to go for a run last night.  I had it teed up that my wife was going to go swimming and while she was doing that I was going to put in 6ks.  When I picked her up she wasn't feel too well and just wanted to go home.  By the time we fought our way through traffic and got home it was quite dark and it would not have been safe to run.  Not that I feared people jumping out of bushes yelling booga booga.  I could not see the foot path very well and I didn't want to possibly injure myself......the problem with that is now I had to set my alarm for 5:45 am and go for a run.

As the weather gets cool running in the morning is great.  16c at 6:00 am.  Perfect.  I manged to finish 5ks in 29:19 which I was really happy with.  I started off slowly but gained speed as I went.  There were quite a few people running and walking around the lake at 6:00 am.  That was inspiring.

Congrats to KelKel who now sits 3rd in the Slowrunning group.  Awesome work.  BattleSausage still sits in first place with 58.61ks.  I'm in second with 42.43ks.  Tomorrow I get to run with VH.  I think I'm getting off work a little bit earlier so I hope by 4 or 4:30 we are hitting the road.  We have been doing 5ks but tomorrow lets see if we can push that a little bit and go for 6ks.  I'm sure we can do it.


Stats:
Distance: 5.72 (3.6miles)
Total kilometres: 328.23k (204 miles)
Kilometres left: 681.77k (423.6 miles)
Weight: 89.6 kg (197lbs)
Calories burned: 531

Total Calories burned: 31177
If you have anything to add please leave a comment or email me at Slowmanrunning73@gmail.com

I created a group on the miCoach website for all the slowrunners out there. If you are interested in joining the group please sign up on the miCoach site and download the free miCoach app for your smart phone. Here is the link: http://community-micoach.adidas.com/groups/slowrunning

2 comments:

  1. Any reason why the distance travelled on the leaderboard changes? I have noticed that sometimes it just reduces total km`s for everyone.

    What hurts is that you are now going to a 6k run, in order to stay on top I need to kick it up a notch! Damn you Slow running man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it goes by dates. It keeps dropping off one day at a time....so if you do a big run on a drop date it will reduce your total kms.

    I'm going to start having to do 8ks and 10ks soon. I want to try a half marathon by August.

    ReplyDelete