Translate

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Brisbane to Sydney Opera House (virtual run)

I meant to write this blog posting last night but I was having some Internet problems.  So, here it is....but a day late.  By the time I got off work it was getting a little dark.  I then drove to meet up with VH.  It took me about 20 minutes but I was pleasantly surprised how well our running path was lighted.  Sure there were some dark spots but I didn't fear that we would spill into the Brisbane river at any point.

It had been a few weeks since VH had run but she was in fine form.  It was of our best runs yet.  At the end I let her decide on the running pace and for how long she wanted to run for.  At our peak we managed to run a half kilometer without stopping.  A very good showing indeed by VH.

Normally she would have texted me her playlist but she wanted to skip that this week.  Let's see if the playlist is included in next weeks blog.

This run run puts me at 310ks so far this year.  I should be at 320ks.  I have some work to do.  By the end of May I need to be at 400ks.  The good news is that the weight keeps coming down.  I'm currently sitting at 89.6kg.  (16 kilograms lost so far)

Stats: 

Distance: 5.02 (3.12miles)
Total kilometres: 309.62k (192.4 miles)
Kilometres left: 700.38k (435.2 miles)
Weight: 89.6 kg (197lbs)
Calories burned: 502

Total Calories burned: 29427
If you have anything to add please leave a comment or email me at Slowmanrunning73@gmail.com

I created a group on the miCoach website for all the slowrunners out there. If you are interested in joining the group please sign up on the miCoach site and download the free miCoach app for your smart phone. Here is the link: http://community-micoach.adidas.com/groups/slowrunning

2 comments:

  1. Congradulations on the weight loss! It really seems to be coming off now each post there has been a good drop.

    I bet that in the missed play list there is U2, and some other rock and or roll music.

    As for the running along the river, be careful not to fall in or the sharks will get you! If I ever make it down I would like to run through the following. Indooroopilly, Woolloongavva, Yeerongpilly, Moorooka and Milton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll do my best not to fall in the river. We can do that run....the good news is that most of places you mentioned above are next to each other....so we can hit them in one go.

    ReplyDelete