Translate

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

5K's in the rain

It felt like it was going to be a good run.  I felt very energetic.  It had been a few days between runs and I couldn't wait to get out there.  There was a very light enjoyable rain falling when I started...and it was perfect.  Just light enough to be refreshing and not a hindrance in any way.

With all these great conditions it's no wonder that I was able to finally run 5K's in under 30 minutes.  This monkey is finally off my back.  It has been a year since I was able to run it under 30 minutes so I was pretty stoked at the end of my run.  I finished the 5K in 29:50.  Yes....only 10 seconds but it is still under 30 minutes.

I've updated my running app with my current weight.  I've lost 8kg (17.64 lbs) since I've started this blog.  I'm 2kg's (4.40 lbs) away from my goal weight (by the end of September) to run my 15K.  Because I've updated my weight I found today that I'm burning less calories per K.  A good problem to have.  Also, I've added a new poll question.  Please scroll to the bottom of the page and have your say.

Calories: 490

Times:

1K 6:06
2K 5:54
3K 5:58
4K 6:08
5K 5:42



Tracks:

Remedy - The Black Crowes
Rebel Rebel - David Bowie
Boy, oh boy - Streamer Bendy
Home - Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
In these shoes - Camille
London calling - The Clash
Steady as she goes - The Raconteurs
All the things I wasn't - The Grapes of Wrath.

No comments:

Post a Comment