Translate

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

the fastest 5K ever!

Last week I finally ran a 5K in under 30 minutes.  Today I ran 5K's in 28:50.  One minute faster than last weeks run.  My average pace was 5:56 per K.  Very pleased with my run today.  I took no walking breaks and kept up the pace throughout the run and last K was my fastest K at 5:20.  I have Friday off of work so that will be my long run day as I am working both Saturday and Sunday. 

I must admit I am feeling quite confident that I will be able to complete my 15K run by the end of September.  I signed up for the 2012 Bridge to Brisbane yesterday and I can't wait for this years run.  I completed last years run in 1:09 and I am hoping to get a lot closer to the hour mark.

I also wanted to update that I have setup a slowmanrunning email address if you want to comment on anything you have read in this blog or if you think I'm a jerk or if there is millions of dollars someone left me in Africa that I can claim for the low amount of $7,500.  If you are so inclined please email me at slowmanrunning73@gmail.com

Our readers poll is finished here are the results:

56% of our readers claim they just run and do not have a running goal
30% of our readers do have a running goal.
14% of our readers really hate running.


The lake in Forest Lake.


Calories: 483

Times:

1K: 6:14
2K: 5:43
3K: 5:55
4K: 5:50
5K: 5:20

Tracks:

Close to me - The Cure
Higher ground - Stevie Wonder
My body is a cage - The Arcade Fire
Washing of the water - Peter Gabriel
Push th' little daisies - Ween
Silent sigh - Badly Drawn Boy
Turn it on - Franz Ferdinand
Don't you (forget about me) - Simple Minds
When your minds made up - Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova

No comments:

Post a Comment