Translate

Saturday, July 7, 2012

I thought I was doing 10K's today

I had booked a tennis court at 11:30 am.  I woke up at 10:00 am.  Since it will take me an hour to run 10K's (ok ok an hour ++) I figured that by the time I have some breakfast and a coffee I wont have time to run and also make it to the court to play tennis with my wife by 11:30 am.  Since disappointing my wife slowly rots me on the inside.......I figured a 5K run would be better.

This was my best 5K run of the year.  I completed the 5K in 31:05.....which is just a little bit over my fastest 5K time.  Also, there was no kilometers in the 7 minute range.  In the past I have floated from running each  k in 6 minutes (than I get tired) to mid seven and half minutes.  My slowest K this time was the last one that I completed in 6:54 seconds.

When I got home ready to have a shower and play tennis my wife tells me she is not feeling very well and we won't be playing today.  I guess I'll have to run the 10Ks tomorrow......but she did mention she wants to go to the beach tomorrow........

calories: 496

Times:

1K: 6:14
2K: 6:12
3K: 6:01
4K: 6:39
5K 6:54

Tracks

How can you mend a broken heart - Al Green
Bizarre love triangle - New Order
Stay - Belly
Young folks - Peter, Bjorn & John
Running to stand still - U2
Sex on fire - Kings of Leon
One time too many - P.J. Harvey
Need you around - Smoking Popes

No comments:

Post a Comment