Translate

Friday, July 6, 2012

stopping people and getting them to run.

I'm leaving work yesterday.....VH is walking into work......I point at her....."Wanna go for a run tomorrow?"  She looks scared......does she want to go for a run?  "Sure.....what time?" she asks. "I'll call you tomorrow." I tell her.

So, today I text VH and tell her I'll be over in 15 minutes......15 minutes later VH and I are running on a cool Brisbane Friday night.  We mixed up our run.  Going from running 2 minutes and walking for one minute to running for one minute and walking for 2 minutes.  Over all we ran for 30 minutes and the distance was 3.58k's. Not only did we increase our distance but we had a great chat along the way.  Great job VH!  Our next running date will be next Tuesday......and we may have another person joining in.  Our dear friend AF mentioned that she also wants to train for the Bridge to Brisbane and would like to come along.  I'll keep you posted on what happens next Tuesday.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to get a 10K run in.  I haven't done a long run in a few days so it will be nice to get out there and run 10K's.  After the run my beautiful wife wants us to play tennis.  I've booked a tennis court at 11:30 am.  Lots of exercise tomorrow.

I've also been thinking about my running goal for next year.  My overall goal is to complete a half marathon.....but I feel like I have to do something day by day to keep me going.  So I am thinking about a second goal.....one that I can share with you all and post my progress on this blog in a fun and informative way.  Stay with me for the next few weeks and I'll announce that soon.

P.S.

The goal I'm thinking about was inspired by a conversation I had with friend of the blog JVN.  Thanks JVN for your continued support.  It is appreciated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment