Translate

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Running with VH

My friend (and friend of the blog) VH wants to run the 5K Bridge to Brisbane.  She hasn't been running a whole lot lately.  She is currently on holidays from University and she is putting her passion into more fun pursuits.....until she caught that cold.  But today....she was ready to run!

We ran along the river in the west end of Brisbane.  I had never run there before and the paths had great lighting and not to mention lot of other runners pounding the pavement.  In total we ran for 30 minutes (one minute of running one minute of walking) and clocked in 3.26k's.  Even though she was fighting off a cold VH did a great job. I look forward to next weeks run.  We are 62 days away from the Bridge to Brisbane. 

VH wanted to include her schizophrenic play list in this blog posting.  Here are the songs she listened to while running 3.26K's.

Love is a battlefield - Pat Benatar
Disarm - The Smashing Pumpkins
Antarctica inside me - Poison the Well
No air - Jordan Sparks ft. Chris Brown (class choice all the way HA!)
Brick by boring brick - Paramore
Echo - Balance and Composure
Hunting for witches - Bloc Party
Love letter to Japan - Bird and the bee


Total calories burned (for me not VH): 320

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice run! It's so hot here Pete. I've kept it up, red face and all sweaty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard its getting hot over there. Its horrible to run in the heat.

    p.s.

    My goal this year is to run 15ks.....my goal for next year is JVN inspired. I'll write about it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That makes me smile Pete, you made my day!

    ReplyDelete