Translate

Monday, July 9, 2012

My goal for next year.

I might just be counting my chickens before they hatch but oh well.....sue me.....I like to count baby chickens.  I've been giving a lot of thought to what my running goal should be next year.  In my head its always been to run a half marathon.  To complete that would be wonderful.  But I also know that I get bored really easily and I have to come up with a goal that keeps me entertained and excited.  So, in preparation for my half marathon next year I've decided to run the equivalent of my home in Brisbane Queensland Australia to the Sydney NSW Opera house.  This distance is 926.43 ks (thanks to google maps).  To accomplish this goal I will need to run at least 18K's a week which would give me 936K's for the year. 

Just to put this into some perspective, I've run this year 226K's.  That would take me as far as Evans Head, NSW (http://www.evansheadnsw.com.au/).  That's 6 months worth of running (on the map below that distance is shown from Point A to Point B.  Sydney is still very far away).  I will need to double that output if I want to reach my goal.  I'm excited and scared at the same time.  If you want to see an example of how far I've run......and how far I need to run please view the map provided on this blog posting.

A big thank you to JVN for giving me the inspiration for this goal.  It is very much appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good goal Pete, you can do it! Keep posting your updates, what's up with the barefoot running? Have you come to your senses?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks JVN. Barefoot running is still a go. Doing some more reasearch and trying to find the best equipment.

    ReplyDelete