Translate

Thursday, May 3, 2012

15ks is a long way away


I must admit that I struggled with my 35 minute run today.  It started off well enough but soon I felt tired and started to slow down.  But let me start from well....the start.  My run today began at 9:00 am.  This would have been crazy a few short months ago but now that winter is certainly at the door it was fine weather to run in as it only just reached 20c.  I ate 2 pieces of toast with avocado (slightly salted) and walked to my starting point. 

There were not a lot of runners today.  I think I found one other soul on my running path but he must have been finishing his run as I only saw him the one turn around the lake.  I felt good as began.  My legs were good.....no stinging in the knees that can sometimes occur at the beginning of a run and the first 2K’s were the same as other days.  It was after the 2Ks that I started to tire.  I pushed through it and didn’t take a break until I hit the 3k mark.  I took a quick walking break and than 30 seconds later I was running again.  I managed to finish my 5K’s but it took me 33 minutes.  Today my goal of running 15K’s has never felt so far away.  But I can’t think of the negative.  I must keep going and I must succeed.

Do you have a running buddy?  I have a running buddy.  I’ll call my running buddy KW.  KW and I both have the goal this year of running 15K’s.  Most of the time we do run separately but every few weeks we get together and we run.  We also send each other text messages about our times, distance and also an encouraging word.  Thanks KW.

Calories burned: 526

Times:
1K 6:08
2K 6:20
3K 6:19
4K 8:05
5K 7:05


 Tracks listened to
Take me to the river –  Talking Heads
High and dry – Radiohead
Salvation – The Cranberries
The love cats – The Cure
The Suburbs – Arcade fire
20th century boy – T-Rex
Superfly – Curtis Mayfield (Again.  I might have to take this song out of my playlist.  It comes on almost every run)
Ulysses – Franz Ferdinand
Cannon Ball – The Breeders

No comments:

Post a Comment