Translate

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

8Ks

KW (the running buddy) came over this morning for our big 8k run.  I had run 2 days straight and was a little worried how my body would cope with running 3 days straight.  So after a cup of coffee and a very light breakfast (KW had no coffee...apparently the coffee she had the last time -before her run- did not make her feel good) we were off.

In the past I have had problems with starting my long runs way too fast.  Today I decided that was not going to happen.  I kept a very even run.  My 5k pace was much slower than normal but I get through the entire 8k with only 2 walking breaks.  Now for the bad.  I think my miCoach GPS was not calculating correctly.  Where it said the 8k finished was at a different spot than it has said in the past.  So either it is not working correctly now or it is working correctly and it was not working correctly for 5 months.  More investigation is needed before I can answer that question.  My 8k time was done in 57:08  This is a slower pace than I was hoping for.  Last year I ran the 10k Bridge to Brisbane in 1 hour and 9 minutes.  So I am behind that pace.  No general pain felt in my run.  My legs felt a little tight around the 7k mark but nothing that would have stopped me running.

I have now lost 4 kilos (8.15 lbs) since the start of my training.  I would like to lose another 5 kilos to be at my desired weight for my 15k run.

Calories: 857

Times:

1K 6:42
2K 6:59
3K 7:26
4K 7:13
5K 7:05
6K 8:00
7K 7:36
8K 7:56

Playlist:

Year of the rat - Badly Drawn Boy
Addicted to love - The Eagles of Death Metal
The world we live in - The Killers
The Killing moon - Echo and the Bunnymen
It's true that we love one another - The White Stripes
How can you mend a broken heart - Al Green (a weird choice I admit to be on a running playlist but I love this song so much and Al Green has got that voice that can dig into your soul)
Just like honey - The Jesus and Mary Chain
Heroes - David Bowie
Ch-check it out - The Beastie Boys
My name is Jonas - Weezer
In a little while - U2
I want you back - The Jackson 5
Don't you (forget about me) - Simple Minds
Dead leaves and the dirty ground - The White Stripes
All these things that I've done - The Killers
Hey ladies - The Beastie Boys

(you may have noticed that my playlist has changed a little bit.  Got tired of the same old songs)


2 comments: