Translate

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

this wonderful life

This life really suprises me at times.  11 years ago I met this beautiful Australian and it put me on this path that I never expected.  Here I am, a Canadian living in tropical Brisbane Australia.....this is a wonderful life.  It became clear to me again today.....while at work I had a great motivational talk with my running buddy KW.  We have decided to go for a run Thursday after work.  Later I drive to St. Lucia and I meet another friend (VH).  Earlier in the week VH was complaining that she had this armband for her iPod but only used it once.  I (finally) convinced her that she should come for a run with me at St. Lucia.  I have to pick up my wife there every Tuesday and she goes to school there.  At 6:00 pm (still looking sceptical) VH fronts up and we begin to get ready.  I have faith that she will be able to handle the run.  We decided to take it easy today.  We ran for 1 minute and then walked for 2 minutes and we did this for 20 minutes.  In total we ran for 2K's and VH smashed it.  She wasn't huffing or puffing!  VH is a baller (a net baller) and told me that in her head she just didn't want the old man to beat her.....the old man being yours truly. 

So, going back to my original point.  I really do love living here.  The weather is beautiful, I have a wonderful beautiful wife and great friends.  Yep!  This is a wonderful life.

No stats today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment