Translate

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Running at UQ

On Tuesdays my wife attends a Yoga Class at the University of Queensland St. Lucia campus.  The yoga class finishes at 6:30 and I finish work at 5:00 pm (most Tuesdays).  By the time I drive out there I have about 40 minutes to kill before her class is over.  That's when I go for a run.  The St. Lucia campus is a really inspirational place to run.  It's right beside the Brisbane river so you get views of the City Kat chugging by.  Also, the amount of kids that are exercising is astonishing!  Scores of runners in groups cheering each other on.  Kids playing football (European), running around the track, rugby, netball and one dude throwing a javelin.  So, with 40 minutes to kill off I went on 30 minute run.

I must admit I don't enjoy evening running as much as I enjoy running in the morning but I was really looking forward to this run as I hadn't run since a wedding I attended a few days prior.  The run itself was great.  In total I ran 4.32ks.  I had to stop a couple of times because the running path was just clogged with runners and walkers.  The one bad thing about running at UQ is that there are not enough water fountains.....in fact I didn't find a single one.  Will have to do something about that.

Calories burned: 447

Times:

1K 6:31
2K 6:20
3K 7:06
4K 7:47
.32K 3:00

Tracks listened to:

Bang and Blame - R.E.M
Addicted to drugs - Kaiser Chiefs
Hospital beds - The Cold War Kids
City of blinding lights - U2
Sylvia - Pulp
Barely Listening - Pilate
Hey Ladies - Beastie Boys (really excited when this song came on.  R.I.P. MCA.  I've seen the Beasties boys a bunch of times in concert.  Hey Ladies just happens to be my favorite Beastie Boys song)

Don't forget to the web poll at the bottom of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment