Translate

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Longest run of the year.

I woke up early, left my warm bed and made a very strong cup of coffee.  I had a 55 minute run planned today.  I didn't want to do a 55 minute run.  I thought it best that I cut it short and instead do a 35 minute run.  As I drank the coffee and slowly revived I stopped second guessing myself and programmed a 55 minute run into the miCoach app and got ready.

My last long run ended miserably and left me dejected.  I had to come up with another strategy so that would not happen again.  This time I decided to just run comfortably and let my body tell me when to speed up and slow down.  The results were actually really surprising and I completed my fastest 7K run of the year.  My best (previous to today) was 50:45 but today I completed my 7K's in 47 minutes.  I was really pleased with that result.  I also completed one of my fastest 3K runs of the year. 

I wanted to also say a quick thank you to everyone who has read, commented or emailed me.  You have really inspired me to keep going.  Thank you very much.  I really appreciate your feedback.  Also we have a new web poll.  Scroll down to the bottom of the page to have your say.

Calories burned: 791


Times:

1K 6:23
2K 6:18
3K 7:00
4K 7:10
5K 7:14
6K 7:15
7K 7:15
.65 6:00

Tracks:

Morning glory - Oasis
Ulysses - Franz Ferdinand
Dig Lazarus Dig - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
I don't feel like dancing - The Scissor Sisters
Silence is easy - Starsailor
Everything in its right place - Radiohead
Shadrach - The Beastie Boys
Finest worksong - R.E.M
Stop whispering - Radiohead
A day without me - U2
Viva La Vida - Coldplay
Nonpareil of Favor - Of Montreal
Audience - The Cold War Kids
I only want you - The Eagles of Death Metal






1 comment: