Translate

Saturday, May 19, 2012

A very odd run indeed

Sundays are always my long run days.  Each week I have prepared for the run a little bit differently.  The first long run I tried I ran the first 2k's as fast as I could and ended up tired and miserable.  The next long day I had it in my head to run 3k's without stopping which was much more successful.  I also had breakfast and a coffee before that long run.  Today my focus was to complete 5k's without taking any walking breaks.  I also did not breakfast or drink any coffee.  I also knew that I had to leave some energy in the reserve tank so I made sure that each K was done with a deliberate pace that was not too quick or slow. 

Because of this my results were mixed.  My 5k time was quite slow.  I was about a minute and half off my best pace....the weird thing is that I ran that entire 5k and didn't take any walking breaks.....I can't say that for my best 5k time.  The other weird fact is that my 5k was slow but my eventual 7k time was 3 minutes faster than any other time I have recorded (47 minutes).  In total I ran for 50 minutes (I walked about 2 minutes of those 50 minutes).  My total distance run was 7.25k.


Here are my stats for the day.

Calories burned: 748

Times:

1K 6:34
2K 6.24
3K 7:00
4K 7:05
5K 6:50
6K 7:33
7K 7:03
.25 3:00

Tracks:

Fire - Kasabian
Tubthumping - Chumbawamba
Snake Driver- The Jesus and Mary Chain
Cannonball - The Breeders
When your minds made up - Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova
Parlez vous Francais? - Art vs. Science
Just like honey - The Jesus and Mary Chain
All these things that I've done - The Killers
Get on your boots - U2
Superman - R.E.M
Hospital Beds - The Cold war Kids
Turn it on - Franz Ferdinand
Hard Road - The Sam Roberts Band
What the water gave me - Florence and The Machine

Our web poll has closed. The question was what kind of music do you listen to on your run.  57% of you picked Rock and or Roll.  42% picked anything fast.  Thanks for voting.  A new web poll will be up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment