Translate

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Am I nuts?


Ok….my alarm went off at 5:30….I was up quickly and started getting ready for my run before I really knew what was going on.  It was only when I was out the door that it dawned on me that I might not be in my right mind.  It was cold (is 15c cold?) dark and rainy.  I paused for a second thinking I had better turn around and go back to bed but before I let that though blossom into action I started running and just let momentum and gravity make that decision for me.  Surprisingly there were quite a few people out there running with me.  That made the run much easier.

I had to start work early today hence the 5:30 wakeup.  I knew I wasn’t going to be able to do my usual 30 minutes so my goal was to do a fast 20 minute run.  I felt much better than my last run.  I kept a good pace and my legs felt strong.  My goal was 3ks in the 20 minute which I achieved in 18:50.  Since this was a quick run I plan to add the minutes lost on this run onto my next run on Friday.
Calories burned 306 (my weight loss from last week is 1 kilo or 2.2 LBS)

Times
1K 6:18
2K 6:02
3K 6:30

Tracks listened to
Creeping out Sara – NOFX
Breath – U2
M.O.R – Blur
The love cats – The Cure
Stop Whispering - Radiohead

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you had a better run! Keep it up. Saw your mom at the wedding, she looks great!

    ReplyDelete