Translate

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Run 2! Ding Ding (A post by Miss Slow Run)

Man it's a hot one out there today! The sun is in full force and it's sitting around 23 degrees here right now, at 630pm!

I was doubting myself for a little while this afternoon sitting at my desk looking out at the heat waves coming off of the metal roofing outside.. I was torn between what my body was saying and what my mind was saying.. but my mind often tries to sabotage me.. so.. I listened to my blubber.. I mean.. body.. However.. and I want to be clear about this..... I (my mind) really did NOT feel like running today..

I'm realizing more and more.. that the productive things we often don't “want” to do.. are often the ones which leave you feeling the best whence completed!... ie. The dishes.. no one WANTS to do the dishes.. but when they are done.. don't you feel so much better?... I know I do..

So I went on my run.. I am sans iPod right now as I needed some extra cash so I sold my mint U2 black video iPod on Kijiji..... I don't want to talk about it..... So I rely fully on my surroundings to keep me entertained while I run... it might be a squirrel.. digging in a garden.. or a mother strolling her cute little babe by me.. or the different smells you encounter as you pass by the houses.. (worst smell being a freshly tarred driveway.. NOT easy to handle whilst breathing heavily!!!..........and best.. Lilac trees blooming in a row beside the sidewalk)

And eventually.. there I was, rounding the last bend.. and I could see home.. so I pushed the extra block.. “just to the next tree”..... “just to the hydro pole”... baby steps...
Finally I arrived at the foyer.. did some stretches and looked at my time.. 22 minutes!.. I'll take it.. (I feel I may have miscalculated the day before as I did stop at the water and just deducted the amount of time I thought I was there for..... because this run definitely took less time..) anyways.. no matter..

So yes, eventually I will buy a smaller iPod and can't wait to enjoy my music.. at which point I will post my songs like Slow Man, to add a little interest to my rambling..

Anyways off to carb load so I have energy to run again tomorrow! Lol.. actually I just really want Spaghetti tonight.. no rhyme or reason behind it.. I just wanted to sound athletic. :)
Thanks for reading!

Night all..

Miss Slow

1 comment:

  1. Ah . . Spaghetti breakfast of champions. Anyway, congratulations on a worthwhile endeavor! I'll check back here regularly to see how you are doing. BB

    ReplyDelete