Translate

Monday, May 14, 2012

What a morning!

It was 9c this morning (9c is considered freezing in tropical Brisbane Australia).  How cool is that?  It's been a long time since I felt 9c and I was excited.  I dropped off my wife at the train station, got home and started to get ready.  I couldn't wait to get out there.  To feel that first cool breath rush into my lungs.  My feet hitting that pavement. 

I completed my fastest 2K's of the year and my fastest 5K of the year.  I don't know if it was the cold weather or if my training has made me fitter but it was a great morning.

I've lost 4 kilos (8.8 pounds) since I have started my running 4 days a week.  By August I'm looking to lose another 5 kilos to run the 10K Bridge to Brisbane.  I've decreased my calorie intake to 1500 / 1800 a day and doing 4 days a week of running has really helped.

Calories: 546

Times:

1K 5:54
2K 6:01
3K 6:59
4K 7:12
5K 6:15
.32 3:59

Tracks:

Hard road - The Sam Roberts Band
Addicted to drugs - Kaiser Chiefs
M.O.R - Blur
Barricade - Interpol
United colours - The Passengers
All these things that I've done - The Killers
Cut your hair - Pavement
Sticks and stones - Jaime T
What the water gave me - Florence and the machine

P.S.

Don't forget to have your say on our web poll.  3 days left.


P.P.S

I'm very happy to announce that we have a new contributer to Slow man running.  Miss Slow Woman Running has agreed to inspire us with her own thoughts and goals.  Look for a post coming soon from Miss Slow Woman Running.

No comments:

Post a Comment