Translate

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Running buddies

KW came over early this morning for a run.  Originally an 8K run was planned but we had to curtail that as KW had some important documents that were to be signed by 10:00 am.  No bother a 5K run was decided upon instead.  After a few minutes of chit chat we finished our coffees and started to make our way to the lake.

To say this is perfect running weather would be a huge understatement.  The sun was out but it was a beautiful 15c.  A cool breeze blowing in after a few minutes of stretching we were off.  It was KW's suggestion that we don't circle the lake in our usual way but double back and run in a different direction.  I must admit that never occurred to me.  It was a lot of fun running in the other direction.  Boredom seems to be a problem with most runners so anytime you can do something different it can only help in the long run (no pun intended).

It was a very gentle run today.  I didn't push myself too much.  I was happy to be out there and enjoying myself.  What's really funny is that I'm starting to recognize a lot of the runners/walkers that I see.  I don't acknowledge their presence or anything but its interesting to see them day after day.

Our web pole has finished.  75% percent of you don't having a running buddy.  Look for a new web poll coming in the next few days.

Calories: 513

Times:

1K 6:09
2K 6:11
3K 7:09
4K 6:35
5K 7:00

Tracks:

Ziggy Stardust - David Bowie
Electrical Storm - U2
The Suburbs - Arcade Fire
The National Anthem - Radiohead
Pop goes the world - Men without hats
House of Cards - Radiohead
I bet you look good on the dancefloor - Arctic Monkeys
I wont back down - Johnny Cash
Scattered Diamonds - The Hungry kids of Hungary


P.S.

Thank you to those who have suggested different songs for me to listen to on my run.  It is much appreciated.  I doubt Lady Gaga or NKOTB will make my playlist.....but thank you for caring.

No comments:

Post a Comment