Translate

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Back to it

I don't know why I think I can run after a big night out.  History is proven that I can not.  I went to my wife's cousins 21st birthday party and while I didn't drink heavily I still did have a few drinks and ate some really bad (the food was nice just not very healthy) food.  I was certain that come morning I would be ready to do a 5k run.  Well, that didn't happen.  I couldn't drag my body to do that. 

The good news is that I am working 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm all week (except tomorrow) which means I can run each morning.  I'm not sure if my knees will take running each morning but I got off to a good start today.  As per my miCoach training program I did a very quick 25 minute run.  My run times will start to increase so I was pretty glad to see today's scheduled run was just 25 minutes.  The weather being perfect (I went at 9:30 am and it was 15c) I can run later in the morning.  No more waking up at 5:30 am for a few more months. 

I was able to switch my work schedule to work a 9:00 to 5:00 shift tomorrow.  Which means I can take my wife to St. Lucia to do her Yoga class.  Now, I just have to talk VH into running with me tomorrow.  I see her in a few hours and I wonder if I will be able to convince her.  I'll let you know.

calories:  392

Times:

1K 6:09
2K 6:23
3K 7:05
.82 6:03

Tracks:

Dear Catastrophe waitress - Belle & Sebastian
When your minds made up - Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova
Bright side of the road - Van Morrison
I'm not gonna teach your boyfriend how to dance with you - Black Kids
Young folks - Peter, Bjorn & John
No surprises - Camille O'Sullivan (cover of the brilliant Radio head song)
Viva La Vida - Coldplay
That's not my name - The Ting Tings

No comments:

Post a Comment