Translate

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Here I go again....

I wasn't going to run today.  In fact I decided I wasn't going to run on Thursday either.  The reason?  I booked a doctors appointment for Thursday morning.  I'm not feeling sick or anything.  I just figured I'm going to try and run 15ks this year.....might as well get checked out by a doctor to make sure everything is OK.  But when I woke up.....I wanted to run.  Nothing was going to stop me (insert inspirational 80's music.....maybe something by Whitesnake).  Before I knew what was happening I had my boots on and I was out the door.

It was a perfect morning to run.  The sun was out but it was a cool 18c......just perfect.  I ran for 35 minutes and over 5ks.  While it wasn't the fastest run I was quite happy with it.  On Friday my running buddy is coming over and we are going to do a 8K run.  So I figured a nice gentle run today would be the best thing.

Calories: 542

Times:

1K 6:06
2K 6:04
3K 7:06
4K 6:13
5K 7:26
.27K 2:45

Tracks:

Ahead by a century - Tragically Hip
Poster of a girl - Metric
Barricade - Interpol
Nonpareil of favor - Of Montreal
You're so cool - Streamer Bendy
20th century boy - T-Rex
Sick of myself - Mathew Sweet
Clint Eastwood - Gorillaz
Push Th' little daisies - Ween
You are hardcore - Pulp (great song to help finish the run)

P.S.
Don't forget to have your say in my web poll

Picture of my running path in Forest Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment